Vol. 1 • No. 10 • October 2018
7X World Champion
ONE NIGHT ONLY
Classical and popular music by a master of the accordion.
Sunday, October 28th, 2018
LOCATION: Bartell Music Academy
418 E. Pacific Ave. Spokane WA
Student of the Month
What instrument do you play? I play the piano.
Why did you choose to play this particular instrument? I chose this instrument because I had heard my grandma talking about how she played it and I thought it would be fun to learn.
What is your favorite song you’ve learned so far? My favorite song that I have learned is “Mr. Brahms’ Lullaby” because it has a good mix of different notes to play.
What is your hobby, other than music? Other than music, I like to read books and cook different foods for my family.
What is your favorite food? My favorite food is spaghetti and meatballs.
What is the coolest thing you’ve learned during the past three months? The coolest thing I have learned in my lessons so far is how to read sheet music.
Do you have any performances coming up? I plan on performing at the winter recital this year.
Pet of the Month
Koda (on the left) is a three-year-old rescued mixed breed. He is silly, playful, and loves to cuddle.
Tucker (on the right) is a ten-year-old pure-bred Pug who is very patient when Koda lays on him, and he enjoys a cuddle as well.
—Pets of Cynthia and Matthew
Want your pet featured?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with photos of your pet and a short paragraph describing how adorable your pet is.
Welcome New Students!
Let’s Learn Something New!
Did You Know?
• The largest pumpkin pie ever baked was made in 2005 and weighed 2,020 pounds.
• Pumpkin jack o’ lanterns originated in Ireland. They used to be carved out of melons or potatoes.
• Carotene, which turns leaves orange, is also the chemical that makes carrots orange.
• Apples were the favorite fruit among Greeks and Romans.
Simple Life Hacks
1. Wash your potatoes, all at once, in the dishwasher. Individually place your potatoes in the top rack of the dishwasher, and put through the rinse cycle.
2. Use un-popped popcorn kernels for vase filler.
The Read Your Newsletter Contest
Every month you’ll have a chance to win a fun prize just for reading the newsletter!
This month, write down the highlight of your summer.
Then enter your answer with your name at the front desk.
October 17, 2018